World Reviewer rating

Worth a visit
Rating 0.5 (217 votes)

Wild Man Wild Food

Listed under Learning & Volunteering in South East England, United Kingdom.

Photo of Wild Man Wild Food
Photo by flickr user rhys400D
Pin It

Living a life in tune with nature is getting harder and harder in our technology driven world. Fergus Drennan leads groups on trips to become one with earth - or at least at one with the natural food that our earth provides. Drennan takes groups of people on expeditions through fields, forests, rivers and coasts and shows how to cultivate edible foods and how to cook them. These one day trips are available March-November. The identification of seasonably available plants takes up 60% of the trip; the other 40% is made up of cooking all this stuff. All food eaten on the trip is organic, full of natural nutrients and - according to Drennan - pretty tasty.

Read more about this.

Written by  Melissa Rubin.

Comments, reviews and questions by other travellers

There are no posts. Why not be the first to have your say?

Post a comment, review or question

I want to
Question
My comment - optional
Rating - how would you rate this place or experience?
 

Who's been here

No travelers have told us they have been here. Have you?

Similar Experiences

  • Learn to Hula In Hawaii

    Hula was once a sacred ritual performed to honour gods, leaders and heros (mostly by men), but has over the years become more a…

  • Tomlins Cookery School

    Finding vegetarian food in France is like trying to find a seashell in Austria. Finding good vegetarian food is nearly impossib…

  • Learn Italian in Style

    If you're going to learn Italian, or brush up on your linguistic skills, Italy is obviously the best place to do it. And if yo…

Nearby Experiences

  • Learn Animal Tracking in Kent

    It's a warm, sunny Autumn morning and the woodland path is muddy from the previous night's rain, and covered in marks and inden…

  • Canterbury Cathedral

    Mother church of the Anglican communion and seat of the Archbishop of Canterbury, this wonderful cathedral has featured heavily…

  • Canterbury Christmas Market

    The Germans invade Canterbury…or at least a German theme…when the Christmas Market comes to the medieval centre. Wafts of cook…

Related links

Contribute to this page