In no particular order; more coming soon:
* If you get a flat on the Garden State Parkway, you have to call the State Troopers, and they call a tow company with parkway privileges.
* Dogs can’t pee or poo in water. They get out, do their business, then get back in.
* Americans eat dinner early not because they are less sophisticated than Europeans or out of respect for their agricultural roots, but because they want enough time to digest before heading out for lots and lots of delicious ice cream.
* Unrelated: Cold Stone Creamery is not named after an adorable dairy farm somewhere; they use a literal cold stone to create ice cream concoctions.
* When buying a home, people will make their decision based solely on the presence of granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances in the kitchen.
* An “Arnold Palmer” is iced tea and lemonade mixed together.
* Cigarettes are hella expensive.
There are no posts. Why not be the first to have your say?
I’m Miss Expatria, the Internet’s leading enabler of travel addiction! But my real name is Christine, and I grew up on the Jers…
Sure, everybody knows Paris. People swoon when you say Paris. But even the French Riviera – which in my experience is the thing that people know the most after Paris – is not nearly as touristed as the many cities in Italy that people feel they “must see”
I just spent the most hallucinatory three hours getting back to Mandrione from Trastevere. Here are some things I witnessed:
So, when I’m in the States my mom and I watch House Hunters and House Hunters International.
There is something about the green of Rome that is so appealing to me.
I was mesmerized by the icebergs in Antarctica- each unique like a snowflake.
Sure – they smell…badly – but I found the odor pretty easy to overlook in light of their general adorableness.
First rule of ‘Kayak Club’ in Antarctica is that you are not late to kayak club meetings. The second rule of kayak club is that you ARE NOT late to kayak club meetings.
I had made up my mind, I wasn’t going to do it. Nope. Not doing it.