My area of expertise is Catalonia – special places to stay and hidden, off-the-beaten-track kind of experiences you won’t find in most guide books. If I had a ‘sub area’ of expertise it would definitely be food and drink in Catalonia.
I am English but live in Catalonia with my Catalan business partner. We are both passionate about the region and have in-depth knowledge about the best places to stay and unusual things to do here. We have tried and quality tested everything we review and have been researching the region thoroughly for 10 years (my partner all his life!).
The areas we know thoroughly in Catalonia are:
- hotels, country houses, restaurants and vineyards in DOs Priorat, Montsant, Penedes and Emporda
- the best of lesser known local festas
- shopping (in Barcelona, Girona and a designer shopping outlet)
- romantic experiences (jacuzzi on the terrace overlooking mountain views, dinners, balloon ride with champagne etc)
- celebration and wedding experiences (venues from castles and monasteries to boats and Gaudi buildings as well as a vetted list of specialist suppliers)
- seafaring (such as boat journeys, sea fishing, luxury motor boat hire)
- airborne (helicopter rides above Barcelona and Montserrat, balloon rides over volcanoes, coast and natural parks)
- active experiences such as the best places for walking, cycling, golf and horseriding.
We also know the best tucked away spas with fabulous treatments like wine or chocolate therapies and even life coaching.